Welcome to API Technologies! We hire people who are curious, resilient, and want to make a difference. Our employee’s impact goes beyond designing and manufacturing electronic components, together our work is exploring space, protecting soldiers, and saving lives. Our high performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices. Our company of experienced engineers and technologists work by these values – safety, integrity, respect, ethics, trust and continuous improvement. Join a company where we strive to put excellence in everything we do, including your career. Learn more about us at apitech.com
Creates and maintains master schedule for products, subassemblies and materials for a product line. Purchases raw material and MRO items from suppliers to support the schedule, and achieve delivery, margin, and quality and inventory goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Coordinates product scheduling: creates and maintains computerized master schedule for products; receives input from staff indicating customer orders or forecasts for planned inventory items.
- Plans ordering of raw materials: drives MRP requirements for raw material and executes purchase order release to supplier. Ensures material availability by interacting with appropriate personnel, obtains material by manufacturing start date by expediting, use of shortage reports, and open order reports.
- Reviews production capacity requirements: monitors capacity reports to ensure sufficient capacity is available to handle the requirements of master schedule; updates capacity changes as they occur; assists in planning capacity requirements to meet forecasted needs.
- Reviews and processes requests and documentation: schedules re-work of return orders; monitors delivery performance and interfaces with Unit Managers; delivers and/or informs Customer Service and/or sales representative of deliveries and quote information; approves engineering change notices’ ships orders from stock daily or weekly.
- Coordinates communication activities with internal and external sources; reviews requests and situations with marketing, engineering, and manufacturing to insure customer satisfaction; dispatches and processes customer orders.
- Negotiates pricing for blanket agreements and supplier support programs.
- Maintains production and purchase order schedules, and other data in information systems.
- Monitors Corrective Action Responses, works with Quality Engineer to correct, maintain and improve supplier quality issues.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Customer Service Reps, Supervisors, Suppliers; daily; processes information, addresses inquiries and trouble shoots problems; Director, Production and Inventory Control; occasionally, assign and monitor progress and obtain input and needs of division.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certificates and Licenses:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience in a production environment.
- 3 years’ experience in production planning or buying using a computerized system or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate computer; basic math skills; organizational abilities; strong attention to detail.
- MS Office products; copier; fax.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
Bachelors or better in Other.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)