EST Inc is seeking a Senior Transportation Design Engineer - Supervisor to manage our North Texas Design Operations. We are headquartered in Melissa, and have offices in Paris, Sulphur Springs and Arlington. Successful candidate should have 4+ years of experience in Civil Design/Modeling, experience working on TxDOT projects, and is proficient with MicroStation and InRoads/OpenRoads. Experience managing all aspects of project planning, design, and delivery is highly desirable. Performs highly advanced and complex transportation engineering work. Assumes direct accountability for the work product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation of design plans, profiles, cross sections, and design details, perform calculations for roadway and bridge designs.
- Develop design concepts using appropriate methodology conducive to economic results and help monitor plan preparations such as detail sheet reviews and quantity calculations.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic engineering principles, practices and methods and the application of engineering theory
- Applicable plans, specifications and estimates preparation, review, processing and compliance requirements
- Exercises logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; makes decisions that support business objectives and goals
- Speaking to present images and ideas in a clear, concise, organized and interesting manner to optimize audience understanding and keep the group focused
- Applying engineering principles, practices and methods in job responsibilities
- Planning, coordinating and handling multiple projects within area of responsibility to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in highway design and planning, geometric design and production of final design
- PE license in the State of Texas (or the ability to obtain within six months of hire)
- Proficient in MicroStation, GeoPak InRoads/OpenRoads design software
- Experience working on TxDOT projects
- Experience managing all aspects of project planning, design, and delivery
- Strong knowledge of DOT and other local agencies
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable - Based on qualifications and Experience
Benefits: EST offers highly competitive salary structure with comprehensive employee benefits, company matching 401K, insurance and Personal Time Off (PTO) benefits, opportunities for advancement, etc. EST, Inc. is an EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies as appropriate. If you meet the qualifications and our opportunity is attractive to you, please forward your resume to us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Highway, Geometric or Production Design: 9 years (Required)
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Texas (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off