JDS Consulting & Design is seeking a Structural Engineer II to work collaboratively with other JDS employees in leading the Company towards its long-term vision of being the premier provider of engineering and field inspection services in the region. An employee in this class will assist with and provide technical review and guidance on deliverables sent from the JDS office located in Raleigh, NC. All work performed shall be done in accordance with JDS guidelines and standard procedures as outlined in approved company documents. The Structural Engineer II is expected to act as an ambassador for the JDS brand.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations
- Help define and manage standard engineering documents, processes, and policies
- Provide escalation support for structural engineering issues
- Review and approve daily deliverables for client use
- Mentor and train engineering interns and other staff on engineering topics
- Work with Design Department Director, Team Leaders, and Drafters to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Work with the QC Manager to Maintain and manage standard templates and language
- Interpret data, prepare technical reports, and communicate report findings to client and/or regulatory staff as needed.
- Work with the Field Engineering Manager and team as needed on projects that bridge across departments.
Education: Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other equivalent technical discipline preferred.
Experience: At least five (3) years working in offices and the field as a structural engineer/designer.
- Must be a licensed engineer
- Experience with Autodesk products
- Proficiency in structural wood design a must. Experience with concrete, steel and soils is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills convey to data both internally and externally
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and response time
- Must understand and be able to apply regional code regulations as well as JDS standards in the assessment of structural site investigations
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and Adobe Acrobat (CAD a plus)
- Proficiency with Enercalc, Strucalc, or other structural design software
- Intimate knowledge of JDS SOPS and Manuals (future)
Environment: Office with some field work
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
JDS is a multi-disciplined rapidly growing engineering firm, based in Raleigh, North Carolina. JDS aims to provide an excellent working environment while focusing on our community as well as unsurpassed collaboration and customer service for our clients. JDS has been involved in tens of thousands of engineering projects in NC and beyond, including structural design, civil/land design, retaining-wall design, forensic studies, construction material testing, environmental engineering and geotechnical engineering.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year