Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Associate Level Electrical Engineer to support our business in Springfield, VA. This organization supports mission critical government programs.
This candidate will work with a team of engineers and architects on government programs in an office setting. Candidate will work with AutoCAD on a daily basis to build and verify designs for facility electrical stations from sub-stations to outlets.
- Prepares design drawings and construction documents. Creates simple models or modifies existing models.
- Develops technical drawing packages and distributes.
- Administers configuration of asset documents. Creates, modifies or reviews technical documentation.
- Prepares design drawings and documents for facilities construction and modification. Creates simple models or modifies existing models.
- Performs field investigation of existing conditions for new and renovation projects.
- Participates in walk-through of completed projects and prepare punch lists.
- Helps maintain relevant facility configuration documentation and records.
- Works with a wide variety of other professionals and find unique solutions to challenging problems.
- Works with the Architectural, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, IT and other disciplines, as part of a design team to provide design documents to meet the building, equipment and systems requirements and standards.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to define asset requirements, draft statement of work and identify roles and responsibilities.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Minimum 2 years Electrical Engineering (EE) technical design experience
- Minimum 2 years experience using AutoCAD
- Ability to obtain a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI Poly) post-start
- SAP experience
- Electrical Engineering degree
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master ). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard .
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
This position is for 1st shift .