RiverTech, an Akima Company, delivers space situational awareness and satellite surveillance services that protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. Providing the talent, tools, and technologies to ensure exceptional performance in today’s most demanding and strategically critical global environments. This is RiverTech. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Summary/Nature of the role:
Develops, evaluates, tests and integrates Modeling and Simulation solutions across multiple distributed networks. Will be able to organize testing/acceptance approaches/plans and work well with other engineers and operational subject matter experts in a high tempo exercise development and training arena to obtain military exercise solutions for service warfighter training.
Responsibilities of the Junior Engineer/Analyst will span multiple Distributed Mission Operations Center’s functional areas, to include technical engineering, architecture, event / exercise / project support, test and training requirements analysis and modeling and simulation activities. Specifically support will also include:
- Translating operational requirements into technical requirements
- Help design the exercise and event systems architecture
- Organizing engineering support for site liaison teams and DMOC internal systems
- Organize and Conduct the technical portion of the Exercise/Event Planning Conferences
- Developing event test plans, acceptance plans and acceptance test reports for battlespace systems
- Coordinating technical efforts with other technical contractors and operational subject matter experts
- Coordinating development of individual system test plans, supervising system and integration testing and conducting daily technical briefings and debriefings
- Maintaining an assessment of the technical status of the event/sites/systems
- Identifying and prioritizing technical problems and initiate troubleshooting measures
- Developing issue mitigation plans and leading those efforts to acceptable solutions
- Documenting and assessing technical lessons learned
- Troubleshoot system integration issues local and distributive
- Research and develop new and emerging systems used in training environment. This includes software and hardware platforms.
- Ability to support surge efforts during training events.
BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, 5 years relevant work experience.
- Relevant Experience to include: Work within a classified environment at the SAP/SAR level.
- Extremely beneficial to have a current (within 24 months) TS/SCI clearance and have eligibility to obtain and maintain a SAP/SAR program clearance.
- Must be a United States citizen.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External:
Yes, 25 % of the Time