Cambium is a successful consulting and engineering company built on quality people doing great work in a rewarding environment. It’s our team that makes us unique.
And…our team is growing! Cambium is looking for a Wastewater Engineer to join the Water and Wastewater Group in our Peterborough office and support projects in the on-site wastewater disposal (septic) field.
Please note: While this position has been posted with a Peterborough vacancy, the successful candidate may have the opportunity to work from any one of our office locations depending upon their level of experience.
- Develop and supervise drilling and soil sampling programs, soil identification and characterization, and conduct position survey;
- Design and conduct monitoring programs (groundwater and surface water levels and flow rates) and sampling programs (surface water and groundwater);
- Perform field tests (slug tests, infiltration tests) and complete field measurements, sketches, and calculations to develop engineering designs for wastewater systems.
- Compile data, analyze the collected data, evaluate tests, interpret the results and develop conceptual models;
- Design of on-site sewage systems, for both small and large subsurface disposal systems;
- Complete mass balance and nutrient dilution calculations for Reasonable Use Criteria;
- Prepare/write engineering design reports for Environmental Compliance Approvals;
- Ensure project completion is within schedule and budget to the quality level expected by our clients.
- Corresponding with regulatory agencies, municipal bodies, and clients, under the supervision of senior staff, using written and verbal methods.
- Supporting senior staff in project planning, scheduling, and allocation of personnel and resources.
- Contributing to general Cambium project tasks including document review, template and resource development, and internal training.
- Contributing to the preparation of proposals for prospective work.
- Adherence to health and safety protocols for self and support staff.
- Providing mentorship and training to junior Cambium personnel.
- Working to meet internal and external deadlines may result in occasional evening and weekend work.
- Other tasks, as required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years employment experience (preferably in consulting or a combination of sectors).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of current applicable Building Codes, specifically Part 8, as well as MECP wastewater design guidelines.
- Successful completion of Part 8 BCIN examinations an asset.
- Able to effectively present ideas and technical information clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office components; Working knowledge of AutoCAD would be an asset.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills with fluency (reading, writing and oral) in English.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail in all undertakings is essential.
- Ability to do physically demanding fieldwork under adverse weather conditions.
Cambium welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested, we invite you to send us some information that would help us understand whether you are the right fit for this role and our team. Kindly forward your documents, in electronic format only.
Our team is different. From camping trips and movie nights to company ball-hockey tournaments in the parking lot, our team likes to have a good time together. When we cannot be together (welcome to 2021), we continue to maintain our team’s bond, through activities such as photo contests, shout-outs of appreciation and care packages.
Our team is hard-working. You’ll need to be flexible and able to switch priorities frequently. Sometimes the days are long. But you are always compensated for your efforts, including a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation for new, full-time team members.
Our team is proud. Flexible scheduling. Donating a portion of our net income each year to local causes and events. Winning awards. You’ll find it easy to feel good about Cambium.
If you want to read about a few of the benefits of working for Cambium, check out our Careers page: https://cambium-inc.com/careers.php.
Reference ID: ENVHire11
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Relevant: 3 years (required)
- Driver's License (preferred)