Main duties and responsibilities
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing various phases of facility construction and the installation of equipment and systems. The Mechanical Engineer may also be responsible for various small and large projects ensuring on-time completion within pre-established cost constraints and construction/installation standards. The Mechanical Engineer works closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineer, architects, contractor managers, engineers, OEM personnel, and Kronospan associates to ensure effective communication and teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to teach others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent listening skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology principles, techniques, and procedures
- Knowledge of equipment design and installation
- Experience using all Microsoft office software and AutoCAD
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have the qualities of stress tolerance, persistence, self control, integrity and flexibility
Preferred candidates have experience in wood panel processing or plant construction / equipment installation.