The Position: Senior Interactive Developer (Full Stack) Date: June 2021
Who You Report To: Lead Web Developer FLSA: Exempt
Neoscape is currently looking to add a new member to our award-winning interactive development team located in our Boston, MA studio. This is a full-time position. Ability to work in the Boston office a minimum of 3 days a week
(M-W) required (Th-Fr as flex) but open to permanent remote for the right candidate. The primary focus of this position will be to work with the lead web developer and the whole Neoscape team to develop websites and other related projects for a wide range of uses and clients all around the globe. Successful applicants should be extremely detail oriented, able to work on multiple high importance projects simultaneously, be able to work as part of a team and on their own with very limited guidance, have a firm grasp on full-stack web development processes and technologies, understand web and database hosting solutions, and be able to assist other team members with questions and development issues. Good communication skills are absolutely critical for this position to ensure a quality look and feel for all our interactive applications and to devise future innovative solutions that reflect
Neoscape's pioneering brand identity.
A Typical Day Includes
- Responsible for start-to-finish development of websites.
- Working on multiple projects with changing requirements, updated client requests, and tight deadlines
- Typical work includes the creation of new projects using both front-end and back-end web technologies for online and offline use as well as the mentoring of junior team members.
- This position will also work on internal initiatives, applications, and client-facing services.
- Work with product team and graphic designers, translating designs and wireframes to high quality code.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Experience with start-to-finish development of full websites
- A deep understanding of front-end development issues and browser support limitations
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done (not a 9-5 job)
- 6 – 8 years experience, agency environment preferred
- 6+ years experience in software development
- Experience with AWS services, Web server configuration and management, Apache
- Solid understanding of HTML / CSS / SASS
- Advanced CSS Animations
- Strong PHP (advanced object-oriented php)
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- Understanding of MySQL
- Solid experience with XML / JSON
- Expert in responsive design and adaptive web development
- Advanced Wordpress / Drupal, headless CMS solutions
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator / SVG (graphics and paths)
- Experience with XD, Sketch, Zeplin
- Git Experience with Bitbucket/Git
- Ability to accurately estimate ones time for completion
- Willingness to jump in and help wherever it is needed, even if it’s out of your comfort zone
- A strong desire to learn and improve your creative process balanced with a passion for teaching
- Participate in design and architecture of forward-looking projects
- Energetic, highly organized and self-driven individual
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including 401K with the potential for profit sharing contributions
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Partial transit reimbursement
- 80+ unique personalities with a broad range of creative talents across three studios
Join Our Crew
Do you know you’re a full stack rock star that has what it takes to join the ranks of our talented crew? Email us your résumé, a list of three things that set you apart from the pack, and a portfolio link with your best work. Salary is commensurate with experience. Must be eligible to work in the US.
Job Type: Full-Time
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19