Robert Half Technology is seeking Systems Engineer candidates in the Service industry to join the team of a local client. Our Systems Engineer hire needs to become a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure. Interested? Apply today! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Burlington, Vermont area.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Deliver 2nd and 3rd level support
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Establish standards to actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Collaborate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Assist in the design of information and operational support systems
- Configure, test, maintain, and install operating systems, system management tools, and application software
- Administrate backup, security, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Administer and control all installed systems and infrastructure
- It is preferred for applicants to have solid networking knowledge
- 7+ years of relevant experience - This position requires a candidate with experience with automation software
- It is preferred for applicants to have experience with monitoring systems
- It is preferred for applicants to have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Experience with virtualization and containerization is required for success at this position
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems is required for success at this position
- Foundational knowledge in Cisco Networking
- Active Directory experience
- Background working with SANs (Storage Area Networks)
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Practical knowledge of Fortinet Firewalls
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of Citrix
- Microsoft Exchange experience highly desired
- General familiarity with Virtualization Technology
- Adeptness in VMware
- VoIP experience highly preferred
- You might be a good fit for this position if you have solid scripting skills
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.