At CGI, our Software Developers have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. If that sounds like you, then your career could begin at CGI.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. As a Software Developer you will be placed on one of our many projects and could be doing a number of different tasks including but not limited to systems design, systems and applications development, data design and database administration.
Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What you'll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
What you'll gain:
- Systems design- Analysis of a system's requirements to create a design, system components and a working model.
- Systems and applications development- Conversion of information from design specifications to programming code. Writing specific programs by analyzing workflow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge of computer capabilities to satisfy system requirements.
- Data design and database administration- Analysis, classification and maintenance of an organization's data and data relationships. Developing data models necessary to support a system's functions and operations and and defining and maintaining data security and integrity.
- Involvement in the technical components of a client project
- Exposure to business issues and challenges
- Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and the latest technologies
- Ability to work closely with other developers, designers, business and systems analysts
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
- Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
- Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
- Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
CGI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll need (requirements):
What you can expect from us:
- A bachelors degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
- Experience with C++, J2EE, Java, C# and/or .Net development
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work within a team environment
- 3.0 GPA is strongly preferred
- Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.