Packline Technologies Inc.: Packline Technologies designs and engineers functional equipment, helpful machinery, and packinghouse solutions that handle all types of fresh fruit and produce. Collectively, our team has an incomparable background of knowledge and experience working with all types of agricultural related issues. This is why Packline Technology has remained the top choice for agricultural packers for more than half a century.
Packline Technologies Inc. is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team. In this role you’ll work in a dedicated and rapid R&D production environment incorporating robotics, motion, pneumatics, servo drives, AC drives, and linear systems in your machine designs. You’ll be tasked with conceptualizing and designing custom, high-quality, high-speed automation systems. You’ll also work hands on with the final product throughout manufacturing, assembly, and testing.
The ideal candidate should have excellent mechanical aptitude, innovative and feasible mechanical design ability, Solid Works skills, and collaborative ability to work in a team-based environment, and drive to meet project milestones. If you have a passion for innovative mechanical design, state-of-the-art technology, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, look no further – this opportunity is for you!
- Utilizes SolidWorks computer-aided design (CAD), to generate innovative design concepts of mechanical equipment.
- Manages the development of new products and systems that meet company standards and process requirements, by applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Inspects equipment, structures, and materials to identify the causes of errors, as well as other problems or defects.
- Alters or modifies design to obtain specified functional and operational performance.
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Designs modifications and component substitutions in equipment as changes become necessary to meet performance specifications and customer requirements.
- Selects alternate processing methods to test feasibility of system components and recommends implementation of procedures.
- Supervises the incorporation of changes to part drawings.
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine mechanical designs.
- Learn and meet company quality standards and objectives to successfully fulfill customers’ requirements.
- Maintains a minimum amount of rework that meets the company’s quality standards.
- Develops working relationships and cross-functional communication skills to disseminate pertinent information face-to-face, in writing, and via telephone/email.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering desired, or a combination of education and/or experience in mechanical design
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in designing parts and assemblies
- Experience designing automated machinery desired
- Experience designing with pneumatic systems, servo drives, AC drives, and/or linear systems highly desired
- SolidWorks experience required advanced and efficient
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient communication skills (written and oral) Compensation:
This position offers a competitive wage based on experience and education.
Packline Technologies Inc. offers health care program including dental and vision.
In addition, 401K opportunities including company contribution
Job Type: Full-time