Advantage Manufacturing is seeking a qualified CNC Estimator with Programming experience for a high volume manufacturer. Candidate must have 5+ years prior experience in machining with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming using Virtual Gibbs and at least 2 year experience in performing estimating and costing. Candidate will support manufacturing needs by creating numerical control programs using computer aided manufacturing software, will create programs for machine tools to manufacture parts that meet or exceed quality requirements and production time standards in a timely manner at the lowest possible costs.
- Work closely with Design Engineering on translating customer requirements to process operations.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, work orders to determine the best tooling and machining process that meets all specifications of the part.
- Create accurate cost estimates and work with customers on determining cost per run breakouts.
- Write and edit CNC programs for equipment using Virtual Gibbs on horizontal and vertical mills, lathes, on 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
- Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality goals and on-time delivery goals.
- The position is in the Engineering Department reporting to the Engineering Manager and supporting machining operations.Education and experience
Education and experience
- 5+ years of machining and manufacturing experience with a focus on CNC machines
- 5+ years of CNC programming experience with Virtual Gibbs
- 2+ years of cost estimating
- Select tooling speeds and feeds for optimized tool life and program efficiency for materials such as steel, aluminum, stainless steel, copper, brass, PVC, CPVC, ABS, Polycarbonate, and PTFE.
- Define setup requirements including proper work holding and tooling.
- Assist the estimating department by providing input on setups and machining times.
- Support manufacturing requirements from a CNC programming and support standpoint.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with peers, managers, and operators in both oral and written methods.
- Provide dynamic team interface across multiple departments.
- Mentor and train personnel in support of machine shop operations.
- Ability to perform a sequence of operations, consistently maintaining the performance level set for quality and quantity.
- Execute to all of Standard Operating Procedures as they pertain to manufacturing related duties.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot machining problems fast and efficiently.
- Assist with programming efforts on CMM equipment and train staff on usage within QA Dept.
- Advanced understanding of cutting tool selection and application.
- Advanced understanding of machine and work holding limitations.
- Experienced with turning and/or milling CNC machines.
- Firm grasp of math for machining.
- Advanced blueprint reading and GD&T understanding.
- Mechanical reasoning and logical troubleshooting.
- PC skills for Manufacturing.
- Familiar with 5S principles and ISO9001 and AS9100 requirements.
- Be capable of setting up and proving out new machining procedures.
- Familiar with Hass, Kitamura, Bridgeport, Daewoo, Sharp, and other shop equipment.
- Be highly organized.
- Familiarity with Solidworks a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
Please visit us on the web at www.admancos.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Virtual Gibbs programming: 5 years (Required)
- cost estimating: 2 years (Required)
- CNC machine shop: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Are you located in or planning on moving to Colorado in the near future?