As we enter a new era of Space exploration, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Want to join a great team where you can have an immediate impact across the enterprise? The Lockheed Martin Space Operations team is where you want to be! The Operations organization is comprised of more than 6,000 dedicated professionals deployed to company and customer sites throughout the country. Operations touches all of Lockheed Martin Space's programs and products – managing our supply chain; producing, assembling, testing and transporting mission critical hardware; ensuring safety, quality and security; integrating enterprise plans; maintaining and improving our facilities; while ensuring program performance. All of the essential elements that ultimately result in the delivery of spacecraft, missiles and instruments to our customers. Every day, the work we do makes a difference.
Responsibilities for this entry-level position include:
- Designing manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designing arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designing sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapting machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspecting performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Developing manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Providing guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. Ability to obtain Secret Clearance required for this role.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college/university.
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Benefits of Employment:
- Familiarity with mechanical manufacturing and mechanical assembly processes.
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering drawings and bill of material.
- Knowledge of Space Flight Hardware Production products and processes.
- Experience in Aerospace, Military and/or Communications Satellite hardware production.
- SAP Proficiency.
- Demonstrated project management and/or leadership skills.
- Knowledge of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software packages such as I-DEAS, Creo (Pro-E), and Mastercam.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.