This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Electrical Engineer for Key manufacturing projects. Position requires 3-5 years experience with the following skills: Rockwell Control Logix PLC code, servo control, robotic systems is a plus, ability to review electrical design and coordinate electrical contractors and integrators, perform change control implementation, train, identify gaps and develop countermeasures around programming issues. Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
- Act independently with minimal supervision to identify and manage small to medium projects. Expected to identify and implement improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
- Able to provide cost estimating and financial forecasting of major capital budget items and the appropriate the approved project funds.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project.
- Ability to manage routine small to medium projects without assistance.
- Investigate and analyze customer service needs and design and implement improvements.
- Weekly report out communication of accomplishments, next steps and challenges to key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Must have initial training in concepts of "Six Sigma" quality techniques.
- Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician
- Must have good attention to detail
Background and/or Experience
- BS in Engineering required (Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering preferred)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in a regulated industry is a plus
Technical skill (Software or other):
- 3-5 years Rockwell PLC experience
- Servo control systems (Rockwell, Yaskawa)
- Ability to read and write electrical schematics
- Hands on mechanical skill set is a plus
- Solid works drafting skills is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Job Type: Full-time