The R.W. Dunteman Company is one of the area leaders in the Heavy Highway Construction Industry and is seeking a Civil Engineer/Estimator that can immediately add value to the organization and mesh with the dynamic, hardworking and adaptable team that exists today. The Civil Engineer/Estimator is always directly involved with individual project management and estimating new work.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- A team player that works well with others and can effectively direct and manage others.
- Price and present change orders for additional work.
- work with project managers to prepare detailed critical path job schedules.
- Assist project administration with RFIs, submittals.
- Desired Skills & Experience
- 4 Year degree in Construction Management/Engineering or equal employment experience in similar position and field
- Prior Asphalt or concrete estimating experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- IDOT and Tollway experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices and procedures and market trends specifically IDOT and ISTHA
- Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, & Word along with the ability to quickly adapt to current company software packages (Primavera P6, HCSS, Viewpoint Vista)
- Maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines
- Excellent leadership, personable, communication and written skills
- Ability to interact, develop and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel
- Meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance