Fiber Process Engineer
The Fiber Process Engineer is responsible for the technical and operational aspects of our fiber manufacturing and/or forming operations. The focus of the position is to enhance the science of Fabri-Kal’s production. The position develops processes to improve quality of run, reduce scheduled/unscheduled downtime and to lead problem solving activities that support day to day operation. The positions leads experiments to evaluate benefits in changes to tool design, tool material/coatings, fiber material, and other process/machines enhancements. The position also supports new product introduction from design process through tool acceptance, and final commissioning of tool into production.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Problem Solving Lead: Uses sound problem method (A4, KT, 8D, etc.) and problem solving activities that support quality/productivity improvements. Leads shop floor initiatives to implement solutions that can be sustained.
- Fiber Process/Fiber Forming Continuous Improvement: Leads development initiatives that improve the process for producing fiber material and/or fiber forming. Works to improve yield, quality and cost reduction efforts. Supports the design and implementation of capital upgrades to fiber production and fiber forming systems. Maintains awareness of new technology to improve Fabri-Kal manufacturing capability and capacity.
- Shop Flor Support/Standard Work: Develops and supports systems for fiber production and/or fiber forming process using lean manufacturing principles. Works with plant production to develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of standard work in the area of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Technical Training: Trains and develops knowledge within plant functions to help ensure the sustainability of the company, team, process and individual contributors. Assists in the development and execution of plant technical training.
- New Product Commercialization: Takes new products from the completed product development phase to commercialization in the manufacturing plant; provides input into tool engineering, leads lab trials and develops manufacturing processes to meet product and project objectives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pulp Engineer, Chemical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer
- Five (5) years of experience: Manufacturing Process and Fiber Production Preferred