Manufacturing Engineer, we are a local Manufacturing company with multiple plants, and we are looking to add an Engineer!
Manufacturing Engineers are critical to our customer’s success and our growth. This integral role is one the team members that ensures our customers will be delighted in the end result, with project deliverables being achieved on-time, complete and correct. This role is responsible for driving continuous process improvement in a manufacturing team environment, an individual that is focused on a value added, hands-on approach. The successful candidate will be capable of evaluating processes, procedures, methods, product design and materials to determine opportunities, recommend appropriate action and make improvements to the overall process. This position will lead research and execution of capital projects in order to achieve strategic objectives. Accomplishment of these responsibilities is through the application of Lean principles, development of improved methods, standards, equipment and facilities while striving to support the company's goals and objectives by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage major projects, including specifying, selecting, justifying and implementing capital equipment
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement projects, utilizing Value Stream Mapping, to reduce costs associates with quality issues and waste.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the strategic manufacturing plan to meet the company's business plan.
- Perform time studies and conduct process observations to develop labor standards; develop process documentation and standard operational procedures.
- Utilizing industrial engineering tools, analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and equipment layout for optimum efficiency.
- Improve work flow by studying process flow charts; recommending modifications in workflow, work stations and product.
- Develop new procedures, recommend equipment modifications and purchases.
- Support the manufacturing safety objective of reducing all injuries by participating in facility reviews, assessing ergonomic conditions, maintaining OSHA compliance, and implementing improvement projects.
- Form and lead cross-functional teams to problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Complete work improvement projects by training and guiding operators and supervisors.
- Provide technical assistance to Quality and Engineering personnel in regard to new products, processes and procedures.
- Work as a liaison between stage gate and manufacturing regarding design for manufacturing.
- Provide floor support to manufacturing on a day-to-day basis.
- Adhere to established Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all Team members.
- Participate in capital budget plans.
- Has input on and/or designs tooling and facility requirements for manufacturing.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Works in an office, manufacturing, warehouse, and outdoor environment.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- Bachelor's degree in I.E. or M.E. related field with a minimum of two years' experience preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Strong project management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Team leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Continuous Improvement experience desired
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook)
- MRP/ERP systems
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work – Light work involves lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects up to 25 pounds occasionally, up to 10 pounds frequently, or objects of negligible weight constantly. A job is in this category when it requires a significant amount of walking or standing or when it involves working at a pace that entails constant pushing or pulling materials of negligible weight.
This position also has a significant amount of walking standing, bending, twisting, and pivoting.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. Any employee may be assigned other duties by their supervisor in addition to those outlined in this description.