Viamo’s global SaaS platform for mobile engagement enables thousands of organizations to share information and gather feedback from the citizens they serve in the most challenging environments. Usage of the platform grew by over 10X in the past year, while we've added new countries, new channels, and new features.
Currently we are building new capabilities for the platform – while maintaining reliability, usability, and scalability. In this role, you will play a key role in engineering the next-generation platform, improving its scalability and adding two major new feature areas. Working with the Backend Chapter Lead, you will be responsible for professional-grade software engineering of frontend and backend components, while supporting your team to grow through knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Work within the Viamo core product team to create the next-generation version of our global IVR and SMS engagement platform
- Develop scalable web application backends using modern PHP frameworks and queueing engines
- Suggest and implement revisions to the core Viamo architecture for reliability and horizontal scalability
- Contribute to team processes and learning so that the engineering team meets its goal every Sprint of becoming a smarter, more productive, healthier team
- Take a lead/expert role in areas of our platform
- Take occasional technical support shifts
- Mastery of web application development using PHP
- Ability to craft creative and sustainable architecture helping our teams to move faster over time
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, and expertise on choosing database architectures
- Experience with design for horizontal scalability, STONITH architectures, and queueing
- Fluency in Laravel 5 and Blade templates is a great help
Job Type: Full-time