Holiday Inn Bismarck, managed by National Hospitality Services, located close to the North
Dakota State Capitol and North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum. The Holiday Inn
Bismarck offers guests the convenience of full service with a restaurant, bar and in room service as well as meeting space to accommodate any event. This hotel consists of 111 rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions.
The full-service Bismarck Holiday Inn is able to accommodate any guest by offering guest laundry facilities, 24-hour state of the art Fitness Center and Business Center with Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Guest amenities include indoor pool and spa, and a full service convenient restaurant and bar, that specializes in local brews, in order to keep guests comfortable during their stay. 32 Grill and Lounge serves American style food, and locally crafted beers. 32 Grill and Lounge promises above standard cuisine and service. We know it takes more than great food to be a great hotel bar. Add to our atmosphere, HD TVs, and brand-new facility we will be the premier Bar and Grill destination in Bismarck.
The Chief Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing an attractive, clean, safe and well- maintained property, using a systematic approach that maximized guest satisfaction and remaining within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair interior and exterior of the building, guest rooms, meeting rooms, laundry, lighting, HVAC, ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pool.
- Inspect all operating systems and components of the hotel to ensure they are operating properly, efficiently and safely.
- Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
- Maintain a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory.
- Assist all guests in a sincere and courteous manner, whenever possible going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Perform preventative maintenance of all mechanical/electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing systems.
- Maintain cleanliness of hotel grounds.
- Assist with hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Able to accept directions and priorities from members of management and reliably follow through on tasks.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to work with machinery both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /year