Gray & Fick is a modest yet versatile engineering team of professional engineers, technologists and engineers in training. We seek a Junior Engineer (EIT) who is looking for career advancement opportunities, work autonomy and professional development. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage which is why we’ll continue to invest in you with our people-first culture.
Is joining a group of people focused on projects excellence, fun, culture, work-life balance, growth and giving back to our community something that makes sense to you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop finished AutoCAD drawings and Revit 3D modeling from general conceptual information and design notes.
- Provide project drafting while being accountable for schedule and efficiency.
- Help prepare engineering documents for the design of structural systems.
- Design structures in various building materials such as steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
- Coordinate design activities with other disciplines (architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Prepare, technical specifications and reports.
- Preform individually or as a team member under direct supervision of senior engineers
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Occasional site work as required
Minimum Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or any equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with AutoCAD.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Revit.
- Working knowledge of applicable Canadian Standards and Codes (OBC, NBC, Timber, Concrete, Steel, Masonry etc...)
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software such as ETABs, SAFE and Riza3D
- Ability to read drawings
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Creativity and innovation in finding solutions
- Availability for occasional travel to client sites
- Fluent in English
- Eligible for registration with PEO
- Working knowledge of BIM
- Familiarity with city approval process
- Fluent in French
- Working knowledge of best building practices
- Mechanically Inclined
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Four weeks paid time off (including sick days)
- Regular team building and social activities
- Reimbursements of annual dues for professional organization
All applicants will be treated in confidence.
Job Type: Full-time
- Autocad: 2 years (Required)
- Revit: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)