Elgin, OK 73538
6 months contract, then potential Direct Hire
You MUST be a US Citizen.
As a Mechanical Engineer with a few years of experience, your strengths in Electromechanical Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) and component design are well developed. You're equipped and ready to provide engineering support to a heavy military vehicle program.
You will be an interface between design and production engineering for analyzing and solving vehicle problems related to the design of mechanical subsystems, assemblies, and components.
And, you'll support design related change notices and variance activities.
Some of the things you'll be doing include:
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and isolate system level problems discovered during production and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier defects, and recommend near-term workaround.
- Analyze Field/Test Incident Reports and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier defects.
- Perform verification testing and/or data collection to support the implementation of corrective actions including technical analysis, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or computer programs.
- Develop and write technical documentation, make revisions to existing documentation, and provide input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations to the Integrated Product Team in a group setting.
- Provide Engineering consultation to other technical groups.
- Recommend design enhancements for the system, subsystem or component design to the design engineering group.
- Work from specific assignments, objectives and technical guidance received from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
- Make technical decisions on work consistent with assignment, conferring with supervisor to determine alternative approaches and solutions to technical applications or problems.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives, policies, and rules.
You need some serious mechanical engineering experience, but only a few years, to ready for this assignment...
- US Citizen
- 2 years work experience (or equivalent) in engineering field including the application of basic engineering design, development, analytical theory, experimentation, and test to a technical project.
- Bachelors. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Good written communication skills - this position requires ability to create clear technical documentation of analyses, methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Writing examples may be requested.
- Good people skills - this position requires the ability to regularly collaborate with personnel from design engineering, production, field service, management, and the customer.
- Experience working in a production environment
- Experience working with military ground vehicles
- Experience using 3D CAD Software such as PTC Creo (Pro/Engineer, ProductView) or an equivalent 3D CAD package
- Experience using mechanical measuring devices
Bring your engineering experience and your great people skills.
Click "Apply" now.