Title: Manufacturinig Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Responsible for the process design, operation and implementation. Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, and life cycle cost and equipment selection. Conduct surveys to gather field data. Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids. Prepare technical construction specifications. Perform Mechanical engineering duties surrounding the following; mechanical devices, components, engines, transportation equipment, environmental control, materials handling, machine tools, robots, and automated manufacturing equipment. Developing, configuring, optimizing industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification. Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data. Designing, running, testing and upgrading systems and processes.
Duties to include but not limited to:
· Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, quality and throughput;
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
- Discussing and solving complex problems with production, quality, maintenance departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Making sure that the product can be made again reliably and that it will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques;
- Planning and designing new production processes;
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
- Recommending modifications in the light of prototype test results;
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design;
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialism;
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite including MS Project.
- CAD or AutoCAD skills.
· Able to start or stop all productions of Anodize in coordination with Manufacturing Manager.
- Able to discipline team members, hire and terminate team members with HR approval.
- Able to schedule necessary changes with production, logistics, materials, etc.
- High Attention to Details Required
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering STEM discipline preferred, a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Work Experience and Technical Skills; Qualifications:
- Past experience with automotive manufacturing and engineering automated systems.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment, which includes being self-motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items, and participating in a proactive manner in all team events.
- Good problem solving skills are very important!
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- CAD or AutoCAD skills.
- Familiarity with health/ergonomics and OSHA safety regulations.
- Fluent in German Language Written/Spoken is a Plus.
· Able to train operators and maintenance team members.
· Able to stop production when quality related issue(s) are present
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to frequently walk
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements.
- Must be able to spot visual defects. (Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.)
- Must be able to hear alarms and variations in the sounds of running machinery
- The team member is occasionally required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; squat; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear effectively.
- The team member must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WKW Erbsloeh, NA, expects honest and ethical conduct from all of its team members. Operating with absolute integrity is a WKW’s core value and integral to WKW’s Code of Conduct. The trust and respect of everyone with whom we work -- WKW’s team members, customers, suppliers, shareholders, governments and the general public -- are assets that can only be sustained through our continued vigilance on ethics and integrity.
Team members are responsible to monitor and report any unlawful or unethical conduct or activities by others that violate WKW’s Code of Business Conduct to the Business Conduct Officer, provide truthful information and testimony, cooperate fully in any investigation, and hold others accountable for any violation of honest, fair, ethical, and accurate commitment, execution, and representation of business activities and reported results.
· Team members who violate our Code of Business Conduct may be disciplined including severe consequences, such as termination of employment, suspension from employment without pay, demotion, transfer, withholding of promotion and requiring reimbursement of damages caused.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)