Senior Full Stack Web Developer
We’re looking for a results driven, self-motivated Senior Full Stack Web Developer with a passion for coding, application architecture and performance. We’re a growing and collaborative team, dedicated to building high quality digital products for end users to fall in love with - and we’re adding some senior technical talent to our team.
Who are we and what do we do?
Our digital publishing business focuses heavily on content and products in the self-discovery and personal transformation space, with over 20 product lines serving in excess of 142 countries, with topics including meditation, chakra, reiki, mindset, astrology, numerology - just to name a few.
We’re a passionate team of unique individuals who, through innovation, outside the box thinking, and constant testing, continually redefine what is possible. We are - first and foremost - a team, and collectively we’ve worked to take a tech start-up out of the basement into a 7,000 square foot Google-inspired workspace and onto Deloitte’s top 50 fastest growing tech Companies in Canada (ranked #14 in 2015). We’re looking for someone to add their uniqueness to our team - and make us stronger because of it.
Want more info on who we really are? Check us out here: www.mindable.com
About the position
The position requires you to plan, collaborate and execute on various new and existing technical projects. You will be developing technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals, while working closely with our team of developers, designers and marketers to make sure the projects you work on have the highest chance of success.
More on the Role:
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and tested software
- Translate high-level business objectives into deliverables, and provide internal project manager with software estimates
- Collaborate with your team to plan, design, implement, and maintain large-scale web applications
- Optimize the team’s development processes (CI/CD), and improve code quality and maintainability (TDD)
Experience You have:
- Planned, designed, developed and shipped multiple large-scale web application software projects of high quality
- Maintained successful large-scale legacy web applications
- Experience in large-scale distributed infrastructure, and Big Data warehousing
- Experience at least one Cloud-infrastructure service (AWS, Google Cloud Services, or similar)
- Developed software using:
- Event-driven programming
- Design patterns
- Software architecture patterns like LAMP, MVC, or similar * Excellent communication skills and can translate highly-technical concepts to (non-technical) internal stakeholders
- Experience in working in a structured team environment
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in web development
- Can demonstrate your skills in designing and developing end-to-end data management solutions including database schemas, migrations, and performance tuning
Other info you need to know
- Full-time position, available to start immediately
- Flex Hours are 8 am to 4 pm or 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Creative sanctuary/office is located in Sherwood Park
- Health Benefits
- Paid vacation within the first year
- Gym Membership
- Monthly team-building event (we take the afternoon off to do something fun in the city as a team)
- Professional development - opportunities to attend industry conferences and seminars around North America to sharpen skills and stay up to date
We believe compensation should be tied closely to performance and contribution, therefore we have a bonus structure in place and do not use time as a measure of an individual's growth at Mindable.
If you think this is the right position for you, and want to be a part of Mindable’s mission and team, send us your resumeand a detailed cover letterto give us a good idea of who you are and why we need you on our team. Help us get to know you and give us an idea of how you will fit in with the team.
Note: This is an in-house role, please only apply if you are within or willing to relocate to the Edmonton region.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Team Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)