Tektronix has an exciting opportunity for an application hardware engineer who has an interest in learning about high-speed serial applications that use performance oscilloscopes and probes. In this role you would be responsible for addressing test and measurement needs and solving customer measurement challenges for a wide variety of exciting technologies & industries. The Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop technical solutions to customer needs that lead to instrument sales of Tektronix performance scope and probes. • Troubleshoot critical customer issues & collaborate with Tektronix engineering to get to the root cause • Develop expertise in the performance probes and apply them to high-speed serial applications. • Work collaboratively with system engineering to provide input on developing next-generation products and solutions for high-speed serial standards such as DDR, HDMI, and other technologies • Support Tektronix Field application engineers and account managers • Creation of content that highlights the technical value proposition of the Tektronix system/product offering. • Analysis of competitive Offerings. • Develop & deliver technical training for customers and Tektronix application/sales teams. • Support trade shows and customer demos. • Work hand in hand with the System Engineers and Business Manager on power messaging, new product introduction and Sales related items.
- BSEE and hands-on test instrument operation and support experience.
- Project management experience with an ability to execute multiple tactics simultaneously, with efficiency
- Solid written communication skills, with evidence of technical writing portfolio
- Able to deliver on commitments and work independently and with a team
- Strong evidence of The candidate presentation communication skills
- The candidate is expected to travel domestic and international.
When you join Tektronix and Fortive, you will work in an extraordinary team, learning with and from great people, where diversity and inclusion is celebrated. You will have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in the world. You will be trusted and empowered to contribute in meaningful ways with visibility and accountability. We are obsessed with our customers and have a commitment to transparency, unending learning and growth to accelerate progress and innovation. Join us for the excitement of a startup with a history of success! For You. For Us. For Growth. Due to US Department of Commerce export control regulations governing technical data of Tektronix products, Tektronix needs to know the citizenship of all its employees. Note that US Citizenship is not required for most positions. Hired candidates will be asked to bring proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate, green card, visa or similar) on their first day of work. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check. Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."