Sompo International is the trade name for the global specialty property and casualty insurance and reinsurance operations of Sompo Holdings, Inc. (“Sompo”), established in March 2017 as the result of Sompo’s acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
Sompo is a financial services holding company organized under the laws of Japan whose shares are listed and posted for trading on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Sompo, through various operating subsidiaries, is one of the top three insurers in Japan and is engaged in the provision of insurance services as well as other related services through its global network of businesses operating in 32 countries around the world.
Sompo International is the international operation of Sompo and, through its operating subsidiaries, writes agriculture, casualty and other specialty, professional lines, property, marine/energy and aviation lines of insurance and catastrophe, property, casualty, professional lines and specialty lines of reinsurance.
As a leading global provider of insurance and reinsurance, we recognize that our success is derived directly from those whose contributions matter most: our people. Sompo International’s headquarters is in Bermuda and we currently have offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and Asia. A shared commitment to integrity, accountability, collaboration and agility define our culture, and we strive to create exceptional value for our clients and shareholders and maintain Sompo International as a desirable place to work.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer responsible for the support of our End User Computing environment to join our Systems Engineering Team in our Purchase, NY office.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Act as an escalation point for the Client Support Services Team and anything related to End User Computing environment, focusing on our Endpoint Security Protection, and application management.
- Develop automated solutions for deploying software packages, application patches/updates and workstation images.
- Monitor and support our Citrix Environment and escalate issues to the appropriate team member.
- Engineer and support multiple Windows desktop images.
- Maintain desktop images and modify SCCM task sequences as needed.
- Maintain our virtual machines using vSphere.
- Monitor and maintain the health of our Citrix Xenapp 7.x environment.
- Monitor and resolve to Virus/Malware alerts using Sophos Central
- Monitor and address alerts from desktops using CyberArk.
- Provide 3rd level support to escalated issues.
- Manage Microsoft and 3rd party patch deployments.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of our global standard desktop and laptop models.
- Package, test and deploy new applications as needed.
- Provide technical assistance on projects that impact the End User Computing environment.
- Maintain and expand existing Knowledge Base. Sharing new items with other team members.
- Create new and maintain existing support documents Maintain high standards in quality in the delivery of End User Computing services.
- Must be able to work independently on assignments while maintaining monthly progress reports.
- Must be able to be available remotely on off hours for emergencies and/or testing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Expert End Point Protection Engineering
- Must have 5+ years of desktop support experience in an enterprise environment
- Must have 5+ experience with Windows 7/10, Active Directory Structure and familiar with basic server operations.
- Must have 3+ yrs experience developing and testing software packages using Install shield or equivalent.
- Experience with Basic Citrix Xenapp 7.X Administration, full disk encryption software, automation and scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch, etc).
- Experience with administering and deploying software using SCCM in a global environment, developing and maintaining workstation images using SCCM
- Basic Database Administration experience, particularly in SQL Server.
- Experience in patch management including bios and firmware updates, service pack upgrades, and application-based updates.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with SCCM administration, Citrix XenApp, Patch Management, Imaging, Scripting, MSI, Packaging, Automation
- Familiarity with Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (XenDesktop or Hyper-V).
- Microsoft MSCE / MCITP certification
- MAC experience
- Experience with Sophos EPP, SafeGuard, Bitlocker, Secunia, or CyberArk
Sompo International offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience. For consideration; please e-mail your resume along with salary history/requirements.
Sompo International is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Visit our website at www.sompo-intl.com
Job Type: Full-time
- SCCM: 1 year (Required)
- Desktop Support: 5 years (Required)
- Windows: 3 years (Required)
- developing/testing software packages: 3 years (Required)