Position: Project Manager – Project Management
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer, (COO)
Overview: Nomad Global Communications Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matters. We seek a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service while positively contributing to our team.
The Project Manager has a strategic role with the primary role of planning, executing and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, while implementing business objectives, strategies, and plans. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives. Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope by practicing effective time management. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately and minimizes our exposure and risk on the project.
Essential Functions / Responsibility:
- Provide business and technical leadership, necessary to ensure both production and the organization meets/exceeds goals in delivering our products on time and within budget.
- Provide business leadership that consistently demonstrates a commitment to organizational goals day-to-day.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Manage the process of innovative change, project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans effectively.
- Remains at the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Assumes ownership for strategic initiatives and additional duties as assigned.
- Develop a deep understanding of and apply Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Function as a technical and business resource in areas of system operations and product requirements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement and total employee involvement in critical success areas by empowering leaders and employees to utilize Lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Ensure efficient, but safe processes and procedures are designed and implemented.
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of technical manufacturing processes and ensure that first-level supervisors are progressively developing technical expertise.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team or with customers.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Assist COO as needed.
- Gather/collect all pertinent data for supporting specifications, i.e. documentation for GSA contracts. Organize and store data so that it is easily accessed for future projects.
- R&D for Client specifications (FMVSS, SAE, MilSpec, new parts and how they compare to Nomad GCS standard parts, etc.)
- Responsible for the communication from Engineering to Sales so that bid language is altered as needed.
- Responsible for working with Production and Engineering to assemble materials, labor hour estimates, and scheduling estimates for additions, modifications, and small projects.
- Responsible for ensuring key dates from contracts are maintained on the calendar of events and coordinating with key team members regarding items needed or activities needed before the date. Includes planning and preparing for Client visits and meetings (computer logons, join me logins, projector, etc.).
- May assist with drafting and submitting budget proposals, and/or recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentations, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project teams, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Follow-up with clients on information gathered (laminate color, flooring, etc.).
- Work closely with Production Team, Engineering, Materials and Purchasing to establish work schedules designed to meet delivery timelines.
- Read, understand and apply Engineer CAD drawings to production requirements.
Basic Knowledge Desired:
- Understands the significance of the Nomad Core Values and display a demonstrated willingness to apply them to your work.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as MS Project and / or other tracking methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management requirements such as scheduling, financial analysis, resource allocation, and time management.
- Understanding of technology, (complexities of products, machinery, cost elements: direct & indirect labor, overhead, direct materials, expenses, etc.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Fast-paced environment, open-concept office area, interacts regularly with Production.
- Team members are subjected to noise levels which may range from moderately low to loud. A Hearing Conservation Test was performed, eliminating the requirement for hearing protection on the production floor; however, it is available if needed.
- All Team Members must wear provided OSHA approved eye protection at all times on the Production Floor.
- Would have to also work off the company premises due to traveling for clients & other business needs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BA / BS degree in Business, Industrial Technology / Engineering, Management or related discipline strongly desired.
- 4-6 years of direct work in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in the description may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
Nomad GCS is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, Nomad GCS does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
_Nomad offers a competitive base pay along with a benefits package. _
*When applying please include your basic salary requirements*.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Project Management: 4 years (Required)
- Columbia Falls, MT (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: