Starting Pay*: $84,000 - $109,000 (GS-12)
Full Time, 1st shift. This is a non-supervisory position.
Naval Foundry and Propeller Center, Philadelphia Naval Business Center, Philadelphia, PA
The Naval Foundry and Propeller Center (NFPC) is a modern manufacturing facility that occupies a 17-acre site at the Philadelphia Navy Yard with more than 750,000 square feet of industrial and administrative floor space. NFPC employs a highly skilled and versatile workforce of engineers, trades people and support personnel who specialize in advanced engineering, castings, and precision machining.
The position serves as the scheduling expert for NFPC wide projects. The Scheduling Analyst has the responsibility for developing, providing, planning and establishing integrated master production schedule for NFPC consisting of several different projects. NFPC is a low volume, large size, sand-cast foundry that primarily pours non-ferrous alloys from induction furnaces. NFPC completes all machining operations in house and ships completed products to our internal Navy customers. See more about NFPC at our website:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Updates schedules based upon actual progress and performs schedule uncertainty and risk analyses.
- Advises project managers and operations managers on scheduling/planning activities, risks, and recommends actions to improve.
- Database management and reports development. Develop reports to track progress and identify late events, utilizing resource-loaded Microsoft Project IMS.
- Shall perform other tasks as required.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- High School Graduation minimum. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills with expert knowledge and abilities working in MS Project.
- Travel may be required up to 5% of the time.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to approval and acceptance.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $84,000.00 - $109,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a US Citizen?
- What is your proficiency in MS Project? (novice, proficient, expert)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Production planning: 4 years (Required)