Position Title: Structural Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Avon, Indiana
Phoenix Fabricators and Erectors, LLC (“Phoenix”), founded in 1986 and headquartered in Avon, Indiana, is one of the nation’s leading construction companies having constructed over 5,000 elevated water storage tanks throughout the United States as well as several foreign countries. By employing our own field crews, we are able to offer a turnkey operation – engineering, fabrication, foundation installation, field erection and painting. We also maintain the industry’s highest-rated safety program to protect our employees and our customers. It is this combination of high-quality construction and safe working environment that has earned us numerous “Tank of the Year” awards from the Steel Tank Institute/Steel Plate Fabricators Association, American Water Works Association, and Tnemec Industrial Coatings.
We are seeking a Structural Design Engineer to assist with the design of our core product and provide engineering support to our manufacturing, shipping and logistics, foundation, erection, and coating departments. An individual looking to work in a fast-paced design-build environment for tanks and tank-related structures for the municipal water and industrial markets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide engineering for elevated water towers. Analyze/design steel plate and reinforced concrete structures. Interpret geotechnical reports to select and design complex foundations.
- Apply customer specifications, design standards, and building codes including: AWWA D107 & D100, API, IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC.
- Direct and oversee detailing work; prepare & seal calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Perform post-design services for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provide support and interact closely with other departments: QA/QC, Safety, Construction Operations, Project Management, Fabrication, Coatings.
- Work with estimators to prepare bid designs; review vendor submittals.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering with the ability to obtain Professional Engineering license within 4-5 years of issuance of EIT.
- Structural and mechanical drawing development and review.
- High level of proficiency in 2D drafting software, particularly AutoCAD.
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- 2+ years of Design-Build project experience.
- Working knowledge of codes & standards: AWWA, API, IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Strong understanding of MATLAB and MathCAD.
Phoenix Fabricators and Erectors, LLC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and life insurance.
We are not currently looking for Doctoral students nor are we looking for individuals not in the civil/structural field.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance