- Assist in preparation of customer requested proposals.
- Execute projects from proposal through commissioning.
- Review and negotiate bids with fabricators and mechanical contractors.
- Oversee that client requirements and standards are met.
- Maintain orderly project files, as well reports and progress summaries.
- Develop complex equipment arrangements, engineering drawings, P&ID’s, and project documentation.
- Prepare purchase orders and maintain complete project budget from start to finish.
- Pursue innovative product development with existing clients as well as new.
- Perform field engineering assessments and change orders based on changes in scope and unexpected difficulties.
- Manage job site labor and materials for efficiency and profitability while achieving customer schedules.
Required Education and Skills
- 2 or more years of engineering experience
- S. degree in Mechanical Engineering; Chemical Engineering or other related engineering degree
- Demonstrated experience in design engineering and/or drafting
- Ability to perform essential functions with effective and concise written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated experience in design engineering and drafting principles
- Must be detail orientated and self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize workloads based on schedule and requests from project management.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of engineering fundamentals, principles, practices and procedures
- Proficiency in Inventor and AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with food, pharma and dairy processing and equipment design
- Experience with field installations including fabrication and construction.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time and perform travel durations of up to 2 weeks as well as weekends.
- Travel throughout the United States, international travel possible depending on project requirements.
- Ability to be onsite for occasional long working days.
- Capable of physical activities with personal protective equipment. This includes ability to climb multiple flights of stairs, ladders, catwalks, and occasional lifting of up to 60 lbs.
Evaporator Dryer Technologies, Inc. (EDT) is a company specializing in the engineering, design and supply of custom evaporating, spray drying, prilling and powder handling equipment. Industries we serve include the food, dairy, pharmaceutical and plastics. We have built a reputation for highly specialized service in these industries which has made our technical knowledge and expertise the cornerstone of the company. EDT is committed to co-operative challenges and to build on the trust and support of our valued customers.
Evaporator Dryer Technologies, Inc. is located in the industrial park of Hammond, WI. Hammond is approximately 25 miles east of the twin cities, or 16 miles east of Hudson, WI.
Visit us at EvapDryerTech.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)