Ritchie Engineering Company, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries. We are committed to providing our customers with innovative quality products, ongoing training and education, and superior service. We continually strive for excellence while developing and nurturing successful relationships through honesty, trust and respect.
YELLOW JACKET® has been in the business of manufacturing HVAC supplies and refrigeration supplies for over 65 years. HVAC tools that stand the test of time. Refrigeration tools that are engineered to be the best. It’s all we do, and we set the standard.
The Electronics Technician will have installation / build experience with HVAC systems. He/She will have the ability to trouble-shoot HVAC system problems and recommend solutions to design engineers. Responsibilities will include working with maintenance personnel, operations personnel, engineers and management to solve manufacturing problems related to troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing parts related to HVAC/R systems.
- Troubleshooting, repairing and replacing electrical and electronic components down to circuit board component level. Device types include temperature controls, process sensors, motor controls, programmable controllers, digital scales, level controls, press controls and motor drives.
- Calibration of process control instruments in a factory/production environment using an understanding of the overall process, to identify key instruments, process tolerances, safety considerations, timelines and production schedules.
- Read and interpret both electrical schematics and mechanical specifications.
- Hands on attitude with the ability to operate standard soldering and electrical test equipment.
- Run and maintain automated test systems.
- Assist with coordination and calibration of lab equipment.
- Support build of new test systems and fixtures
- Assist with PCB layout for designs to enable quick prototypes and product development.
- Support PLC/PC industrial control systems and their industrial networks.
- Conduct testing and calibration procedures per company standards in support of development programs as directed.
- Set up standard and special purpose laboratory instrumentation to test and evaluate equipment.
- Analyze diagnosis and modify systems to support extensive development programs with direction from senior staff members.
- Proactively engages in safe working habits following the applicable standards.
- Maintains effective communication with project teams to assure successful outcome.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss
- Any other duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION/ SKILLS /EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Associate degree program preferably in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience on the job training.
- MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS project
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner.
- Professional, clear verbal and written communication.
- Must have experience using the following equipment: DVM, oscilloscopes, recorders, hand tools, such as soldering irons, hand tools.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Generate failure analysis and problem report to management.
- Advanced training in electronic theory such as one would receive at a technical trade school, military training, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Travel occasionally required up to 10%.
- Experience in HVAC equipment and service would be very helpful.
- PCB layout skills a plus
- This position has no supervisory duties, but needs to lead cross functional development teams from different departments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.):
- Some exposure to vibration
- Close and peripheral vision as well as depth perception is required for inspection
- Ability to tolerate occasional noise.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work stations require the employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist Ritchie Engineering in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the company and requirements of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- MS Office Suite: 5 years (Preferred)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- PCB: 1 year (Required)
- DVM, Oscilloscopes, Hand Tools: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly