Electrical Engineer, P.E.
JohnsonDanforth & Associates is a national Design/Build firm that offers a full spectrum of A/E design services for federal, state, local municipality, and private sector clients with an emphasis on the VA Medical Centers. Our national headquarters is in Little Rock, Arkansas but we also have satellite offices in California, Ohio, South Carolina, and Texas. Our firm offers competitive salaries with outstanding benefits including flexible schedules; PTO [vacation and sick time]; quality health, dental, and vision; professional organization sponsorship; and professional development support. The JDa team offers a culture that is rooted in five core values: (1) Quality; (2) Courage; (3) Hospitality; (4) Pride; and (5) Fun. These core values are the foundation of our organizational DNA and support our efforts to hire the most talented and qualified people; embrace a process committed to delivering innovative design and collaboration; and providing our clients unparalleled quality and economy for their projects. Our team also offers professional intangibles such as travel, unfettered upward mobility, and evaluations based upon team compatibility, personal performance, and measurable results.
As a primary supporter of the Veterans Administration Healthcare system JohnsonDanforth is undergoing substantial growth during the current pandemic crisis. As a primary provider to federal systems we find our services experiencing increased demand.
JDa is currently accepting resumes for a full-time, registered Electrical Engineer with experience executing Healthcare renovation and new construction projects as a must; experience with VA design is a plus. Candidates must have a working knowledge of NEC; IECC; IEEE; NFPA including but not limited to NFPA 10 and 110; and experience with Joint Commission compliance. Experience with VA Design Guides and Manuals, and LEED-AP, Green Globes, and/or Six Sigma qualifications are a plus.
This position will also be responsible for overall project management – including collaborating and executing project schedules; inter-disciplinary coordination; design phase estimating and budgeting; coordination and generation of fee proposals; contract generation and review; quality assurance/quality control; personnel oversight, development, and management; maintaining of graphic standards; supporting and overseeing all phases of project design development and construction; facilitating pro-active mitigation strategies for project risk management; delegate, mentor, and manage engineering team members; and participate in establishing an culture that is, professional, hospitable, and efficient.
- P.E. required; State of Arkansas registration preferred.
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) Engineering degree from a four-year, ABET accredited University or college and at least 3+ years of experience as a P.E. and Electrical Engineering Designer.
- Primary focus on Healthcare – especially VA Healthcare projects; but Higher Ed, K-12, Retail, Business, Commercial, and Senior Care experience is also a positive.
- Must have experience with design and production of contract documents (specifications and drawings) for low, medium, and high-voltage power; lighting; and other related utility systems – including nurse- call, audio-visual, telecom, security/camera, Building Automated Systems (BAS); and large-scale infrastructure systems.
- Must be compatible with team environments, and have experience managing projects and design/production teams.
- Must be proficient in CAD/Revit and other industry and business standard operating software
(Microsoft Suite, etc…).
- Must be able to execute at elevated operational tempos when necessary while maintaining expectations of completeness and quality.
- Must be able to obtain required security clearances.
- Must be knowledgeable of job site/OSHA guidelines; OSHA 10 a plus.
PROJECT EXECUTION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in client meetings and supports business development activities – including generation of fee proposals, direct marketing efforts, preliminary project feasibility evaluations, and participation in local organizations that support professional development and networking opportunities.
- Conduct various pre-design activities such as field investigations; accurate documentation of existing conditions; and research and apply all applicable building codes, standards, and guidelines.
- Ensure that project schedules, budgets, functionality, and quality standard parameters are met while complying with all applicable guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate inter-disciplinary design activities with Architectural, Civil, Structural, Mechanical,
Plumbing, Fire Protection, and other related design disciplines.
- Coordinate and generate phasing plans that accommodate on-going operational capacity for clients in existing buildings.
- Conduct on-going value engineering on building systems, design phase estimating, benchmark constructability reviews, and QA/QC Reviews.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with “Authorities Having Jurisdiction” – including local authorities, utilities, and municipalities the conduct permitting reviews and inspections.
- Conduct Construction Phase Services – to include on site observations during construction phase activities; generation of field reports and review of pay apps; review of shop drawings, submittals, and substitution requests; response coordination for ASI’s, RFI’s, PR’s, and CCD’s; support project close out activities; and post occupancy inspections.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
As a firm JohnsonDanforth has been declared a critical service for the VA and our work has continued during the pandemic crisis. We have continued to work in the VA healthcare system facilities, which requires meeting their established access guidelines.
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19