Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby on Rails code? Come join our team and help us build amazing things. We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
REIN is a venture backed technology company building smarter insurance and risk platforms for an autonomous world. Our first platform product is www.droneinsurance.com with subsequent products being developed and launched in autonomous vehicles and other verticals. We have an intelligent and motivated staff. We have offices in Massachusetts, Chapel Hill, NC and Halifax, Nova Scotia. This position is based in the Halifax, NS office. Temporary remote work will be considered if relocation is needed.
Candidates should be prepared to share examples of code they’ve developed and be willing to take a coding test.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient RoR code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Work with US and Canadian teams to ensure delivery of desired functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer for 3-5 years
- Proven work experience in software development
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field or comparable experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)