The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) executes the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure continual production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations, as well as company and customer requirements. The SQE will focus on creating and maintaining quality system policies, procedures, quality control process sampling systems, and statistical techniques. SQEs are responsible for verifying supplier quality standards are in accordance with the requirements of MTI. The SQE performs regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with requirements as well as actively leading supplier development.The SQE serves as the liaison with suppliers, drives continuous improvements,and collaborates with other personnel in a team environment.
The SQE identifies technical problems with suppliers and is the leader for supplier corrective action requests. The SQE manages process controls, supplier quality performance and measures readiness throughout the product development cycle.
- Perform various quality functions to ensure compliance with customer, supplier and system requirements.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and suppliers to proactively assure their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes compliance management and the implementation of the corresponding corrective / preventive actions.
- Perform contract reviews to identify customer quality requirements and prepare quality flow downs to ensure customer requirements are met by MTI suppliers
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance/Lean Manufacturing process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization and suppliers to support their continual improvement activities
- Develop, implement and audit inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
- Provide technical support for supplier manufacturing and inspection personnel
- Manage quality issues by leading implementation and execution of the problem-solving process, SCARs and NCRs to identify and prioritize problems, identify root causes and implement effective and sustainable countermeasures and ensure sustainment. Includes direct liaison with suppliers to ensure problem resolution timelines are met and ownership of problem resolution.
- Conduct NCM trend analysis activities relative to supplied parts and facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery requirements resulting from the need to contain, segregate, or handle non-conforming parts.
- Support Engineering and Operations in efforts to source new or revised components
- Participate in customer-facing supplier quality activities.
- Conduct supplier audit activities related to both validation and on-going management of quality execution capabilities.
- Implement process improvements as they relate to quality system compliance with ISO/AS9100 requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
- 5+ years experience
- A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools,including strategic planning and project management
- Experience with material non-conformances, root cause and corrective action
- Experience with SPC, FMEA and other quality tools
- Certified Lead Auditor
- Excellent organization and record keeping
- At least two years of experience working in an AS9100 facility
MTI is committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty, and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to provide our employees with opportunities to achieve career advancement including those listed below:
- MTI has a job posting program which promotes job enrichment and advancement within the company.
- MTI offers tuition reimbursement to employees for career development and job enrichment
- MTI training courses cover a variety of subjects related to safety, quality, soldering, ESD, continuous improvement, teamwork, and customer focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- AS9100: 2 years (Required)
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift