Senior Sales Engineer
As a leading contributor, this position is responsible for providing full systems engineering analyses, including satellite link analyses, ground segment engineering, IP and iDirect Evolution/Newtec Dialog network analysis and design, and support for customer service delivery, sales and business development activities. The (insert title) designs, implements, and delivers current and future revenue generating end-to-end satellite communication solutions. This role will work cross-functionally to design and develop Eutelsat Quantum and other satellite solutions, and provides expert technical support to Sales and Business Development organizations in order to drive the development of revenue generating services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Fully engineer all aspects of a high-quality technical solutions including network designs, network sizing, equipment specifications, and transmission analyses (link budgets).
- Prepare technical responses, including transmission analyses, coverage maps, network diagrams, and equipment costs for service quotations and proposals.
- Ensure support of service activations and operational services by providing customers and Eutelsat operations teams escalation support for resolving technical service problems or issues.
- Provide support and training to customers and other EAC staff, as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager and third-party/external program vendors/contractors as required to support the procurement, integration, installation, and testing of equipment.
- Conduct service demonstrations at Eutelsat teleports and customer/other locations as required.
- Play a key role in sales efforts, including regular interaction with engineering and capacity planning to identify best available capacity and/or managed service and potential customer applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 10 years in engineering satellite communications systems and/or services including aspects of capacity planning, grooming and proposal preparation
- Proficient knowledge of the key technical aspects of satellite services including transmission analysis, communications payloads for communications satellites, transmission impairments and mitigation strategies, earth station equipment, digital modulation techniques and software analysis systems and tools used to support transmission analysis and network sizing.
- Expert knowledge of computer and satellite/WAN network hardware and systems, including modems (e.g., iDirect/Newtec), routers, switches, fire walls, VPN concentrators and IP addressing.
- Well-developed systems engineering and decision making skills, including: recognition of critical vs. non-critical requirements, ability to present complex issues in clearly written language, ability to use diagrams, tables or figures to improve the presentation of technical material, and the acumen to ensure key business issues are addressed consistent with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess (preferred but not required) or be willing to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance, with counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph.
- Must have excellent customer focus and be able to establish rapport and good relationships with technical counterparts.
- Ability to manage deliverables with teams in different countries, across different cultures.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills combined with strong negotiation ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills.
- Discipline to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Small, fast paced team office environment with moderate noise levels. Use of phones and computers for extended periods of time. Utilize office equipment and communication technologies for conference calls and teleconference meetings/webinars. Frequent interaction with internal staff, staff of parent and affiliates, vendors and customers in person and by phone, email, video conference, web meeting and other mediums.
- Normal sitting and standing activities for an office environment. Requires general mobility to move through the facility, attend and participate in meetings and use office equipment. Occasional domestic and/or global travel in support of customer service engineering, trade shows and other related activities.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.
Eutelsat America Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- engineering satellite communications systems and/or services: 10 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19