Applicants should live in Massachusetts or within driving distance to Westwood, MA.
Responsible for assisting in the development of adhesives, sealants, tapes and coatings for use in protection of above ground, underground and underwater structures (Chase CPW Business Unit). The main focus will be on the setup, execution, and follow-up of internal and external application trials for new and existing products. The position is also responsible for the successful qualification and certification of the above products to customer and industry specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Additional Responsibilities as Assigned)
· Interact with customers and sales personnel on application-specific inquiries
· Manage and document project activities including manufacturing and field application trials. Provides progress updates to Technical Manager through weekly updates, project reports, presentations etc.
· Lead the product certification efforts for Chase CPW BU.
· Supervise lab and field application trials of developmental projects.
· Supervise scale up manufacturing of new products.
· Provide other technical support to Sales, Manufacturing, Operations and Customers as required.
· Design test plans and operate physical test equipment for the purposes of evaluating Chase and competitive products.
· Domestic travel up to 50% of time. Occasional global travel may be required.
· Work with VP Construction materials, Director of Sales, Director of Global Technology, Technical Manager and other departments as needed to translate customer needs, market trends and opportunities into working products and new product certifications.
· Interface regularly with Technical Manager, other Chase technical personnel as well as Quality, Manufacturing and Purchasing functions.
· Participate in regular R&D development meetings.
· Participate in partnership meetings with key customers to understand their current and future product technical needs.
· Present test data and provide analysis to customers to suppliers.
· Support the sales force on technical and product support questions and issues.
· Attend and participate in trade show displays of Chase pipeline products as directed.
· Some field work required for training of customers, sales staff and channel partners on use and application of new products.
· BS Chemical Engineer preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
· 3-5 years’ experience in lab or field setting with focus on adhesive and coating products strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of equipment and processing for adhesive mixing, extrusion coating, web processing and converting.
· Attention to detail and excellent reporting skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All current CDC COVID guidelines are implemented.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Westwood, MA 02090 (Preferred)
- applying coating in lab: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel: