Stella Domo is a construction company based in Austin, TX looking to grow our team of enthusiastic, critical thinking innovators. We are a vertically integrated, design-build company looking to expand our architectural team to include a licensed architect. There will be opportunities to work alongside internationally renowned architects to develop architectural and interior design concepts. This is a highly collaborative environment with many opportunities to help shape our designs.
Full time benefits include health, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance with other optional benefits that may be available based on your experience. We believe that collaboration will result in better products, and although we prefer an onsite architect, we are open to telecommuting and those who are available for part time work. Motivated and productive applicants can enjoy flexible hours.
Job Summary: The architect will be responsible for documentation, design development, coordination with consultants and regulators, material specifications, and mentoring junior talent.
- Collaborate with product engineers to produce design development (DD), construction documents (CD), and shop drawings required for state & local permitting.
- Verify that building codes are addressed at both state and local levels.
- Maintain a weekly task list for assigned projects, indicating time allocation, schedules, and delegated work to be reported to the executive leadership team.
- Develop zoning and code compliant schematic design (SD) documents for development opportunities
- Coordinate with external AEC consultants to complete delivery of documentation as required for local and state submittals
- Collaborate with the various teams to improve the efficiency of our product through Value Engineering analysis
- Work with accounting team to conform to budget requirements and provide cost analysis
- Provide direction, guidance, mentorship of junior talent.
Knowledge, skills and requirements:
- Track record of work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers, architects, and project managers to streamline the design, planning, and permitting process.
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to listen and solve complex problems
- Ability to analyze inefficiencies and problems; identify root causes and provide effective solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to work with staff at various organizational levels.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment; excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read and analyze CAD models, mechanical drawings, and specifications.
- Deep knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, or similar CAD or BIM tools. Proven experience in architectural document production and team coordination.
- Ability to develop, communicate, and manage the workflow from early stage project planning through Construction documentation.
- Ability and patience to develop junior talent through leading by example as well as mentorship.
- Strong knowledge of building systems, construction methods, and materials.
- Experience with design/build, modular or panelized building systems is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer’s or Architect’s License in the State of Texas; licensed in other states is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in architecture or related professions.
- Versed with common workplace software (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Applicant must be authorized to legally work in the U.S. No sponsorship is available.
Please include your compensation expectation and availability.
The position will report to the VP of Operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Architecture: 8 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- State of Texas Architecture License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative