LISI AEROSPACE is ranked 60th in the global aerospace value chain and specializes in the design and manufacture of high-tech metal components to enhance aircraft safety and performance. Active since 1950 in the fastener market (no. 3 worldwide), LISI AEROSPACE has been a recognized player in metal components for aircraft engines and airframes since 2011. With its dedication to industrial excellence, LISI AEROSPACE aims to become a leader in costs, quality, deadlines and workplace safety. This mindset is represented at every level of our company and by all of our team members. At LISI AEROSPACE, we focus above all on advancement and flexibility. Every employee is empowered and has the latitude they need to carry out their assignments and develop their skills. We provide this mobility and training through our Corporate University, the LISI Knowledge Institute (LKI). As a result, our company is growing fast and always welcoming new talents.
The Product Engineer II is responsible for providing technical support to the UAP’s (Autonomous Production Units), Manufacturing, Support Departments, and to Outside Customers on the design of fasteners. The Product Engineer II is also responsible for interfacing with R&D, Sales, Operations, and Quality in the design, development and project management aspect of new product releases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential requirement, represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following:
- Utilizes LEAP (LISI Excellence Achievement Program) tools and other continuous improvement tools and methods to provide timely technical and other support within their assigned UAP to ensure timely resolution to all UAP matters.
- Utilizes LISA (LISI innovation standard approach) methodology (design phased-gate approach to project management). Responsible for the successful project management from the design phase, through the hand-off (and support) to industrialization.
- Participates in PSM2 meetings and collaborates with other team members within their assigned UAP to ensure timely response and resolution to the needs of the Plant.
- Leads the comprehensive review of customer drawings and specifications. Analyzes new and changing customer requirements. Ensures equivalent COI parts meet customer drawing/specification requirements Designs or modifies products for customers to utilize in new applications.
- Prepares and maintains sales and manufacturing drawings; may prepare tooling drawings, overlays, drawings for test fixtures and equipment. Prepares and updates Process Control Requirements; PCD’s.
- Develops test plans and conducts qualification testing of new products and special testing of existing products. Produces test reports and product specifications.
- Provides technical support on assigned fastener products and support for industrialization of new and existing products.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Test Lab, Suppliers and the customer to coordinate and communicate engineering requirements.
- Interfaces with Sales Department in creation and revision of company sales publications. Provides support in adding and updating item Master codification/engineering ERP records.
- Investigates manufacturing problems and recommends solutions.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Continuously look for and review applicable emerging technologies related to existing and new product development and in parallel with core competencies and manufacturing techniques.
- Identifies opportunities for product improvements and cost out through evaluation of manufacturing practices, assembly methods and identifying material cost reductions.
- Utilizes engineering applications to develop product improvements.
- Performs root cause analysis on defective products using engineering principles and knowledge of manufacturing processes. Determine root cause using statistical methods (e.g., Design of Experiments (DOE), SPC).
- Modifies existing products to resolve quality problems, and coordinates activities of multiple disciplines to implement a solution.
- Modifies existing products and creates new products for new applications. Utilizes knowledge of systems and works directly with Engineering/Compliance Team to determine product performance requirements.
- Represents team members of product development projects, and justifies monetary resources and personnel to attain project goals.
- Defines product performance standards and product acceptance standards using knowledge of systems and laboratory testing equipment and procedures. Determines disposition of non-conforming material using engineering judgment and knowledge.
- Provides assistance to customer and technical services group by supplying technical support to internal and external customers.
- Provides engineering support for a product or ranges of products through all phases of the product development, process specifications, work instructions and release to manufacturing process.
- Participates in the development of innovative approaches of manufacturing equipment and fixtures for new product configurations.
- Supports Engineering Team with prototype products for internal and external evaluations.
- Continually exemplifies and is an advocate of LISI Aerospace’s Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles as stated in LISI Aerospace’s Team Member Handbook.
- Champions and participates in the LEAP (LISI Excellence Achievement Program) in support of the Company’s commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of; HSE, Quality, and Production.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, LISI Aerospace, and HSE Procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in related discipline and 3 years or more directly related experience required and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing environment procedures, methods, metallurgy, design and documentation.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering applications, technical reading and writing; knowledge of manufacturing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear and is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and lift, carry, and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The responsibilities of the position include compliance with company and governmental safety, environmental and hazardous materials regulations and procedures. The employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment in specified areas.
LISI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.