You would work on a team in our geotechnical and tunneling practice consisting of close to 200 engineers in North America. As a Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to follow projects from the conceptual phase through the construction phase, working on traditional design-bid-build as well as design-build infrastructure projects.
As a Jacobs Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer, you will:
- Participate in field assignments that will include observation of explorations (soil and rock borings, test pits, CPT soundings, geophysical testing); geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; and inspection of the construction of geotechnical structures (earth retaining structures, deep foundations, dams, tunnels, and shallow foundations).
- Have the opportunity to travel to and work in locations both within the USA and around the world.
- Under supervision, design shallow and deep foundations, earth retaining structures, ground improvement, embankments, and cut slopes.
- Analyze laboratory and field testing results and select geotechnical design parameters.
- Prepare and review technical reports, data reports and baseline reports.
- Use computer programs including Settle3D, Slide, APile, LPILE, Shaft, FB-MultiPier, DeepXcav, GRLWeap, Plaxis, and MathCAD to complete engineering analysis and prepare design calculations.
- Prepare design drawings and construction specifications, and review construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions.
- Work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams across North America and the world.
- Share technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering), Masters’ Degree preferred
- 0 to 2 years of experience within Geotechnical Engineering
- Strong technical knowledge of the principles of soil and rock mechanics and geotechnical design
- Self-motivated individual who can work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.