* Flexible schedule and location (office/remote). Remote 4 days/week. *
You will clean, automate, and analyze a wide variety of data--criminal justice, finance, economics, human resources, case management, health, human services, and more. The data and analytics team within the Information Technology division serve our internal customers from all areas of Salt Lake County government and there are always new and interesting challenges. We are the technology experts who help divisions extract value from their data and our work is instrumental to the County and the communities we serve.
You will build data pipelines with Talend Data Management Platform, build interactive visualizations and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI, and implement algorithms in a variety of languages.
You will partner with executives, policymakers, and analysts to produce insight, streamline operational data access, and enable data-informed management and policy.
You will need a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Statistics, plus 4 years directly related data and software experience in a similar environment, size and scope, or eight (8) years of equivalent and directly related data and software experience in a similar environment, size, and scope.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check and subsequent mandatory background checks in accordance with current County Human Resource policy requirements.
- Provides data analysis, dashboards, visualizations, data profiling, and documentation of business information systems and other data sources.
- Develops data integrations to include batch extract, transform, and load (ETL) jobs and data APIs.
- Designs and implements models for the data warehouse and maps of source systems to data warehouse models.
- Develops, designs, and optimizes complex SQL queries.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots technical issues and identifies modifications needed in applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Assists in developing and maintaining catalogs of enterprise master data and metadata.
- Assists in reviewing data requirements; developing and maintaining appropriate datasets for purpose of analysis, profiling, and documentation of business information systems and other data sources; maintains quality control on large scale datasets.
- Assists in assessing training needs; preparing training documents and training application users as needed.
- Assists in developing strategies for data acquisition and integration into the enterprise data warehouse.
- Assists in determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Assists in establishing and implementing data collection standards, procedures, and guidelines to support the IT development processes.
- Works with Quality Assurance (QA) team in preparing test cases, plans, and procedures.
- Attends team meetings to communicate project status and discuss new ideas and any issues
Location: 2001 S State St.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $69,594.00 - $104,391.00 per year