The University of Iowa Information Technology Services organization (ITS), a campus-wide provider of technology services for academic, research, and service missions, is seeking to fill a position for a Sr. Web Application Developer. The primary responsibilities of this position include the design, installation, configuration, administration, security, operational integrity, and support of custom-developed or integrated software solutions. The Sr. Web Developer position functions under the direction of the ITS manager for the Custom Solutions & Integrations - Web Services team in Enterprise Services
We are looking for candidates who enjoy supporting a diverse customer base in a contemporary work environment. Projects include working directly with colleges, organizations, departments and end users to create and/or redesign websites in Drupal.
Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills are required, as is the ability to multitask. With a great University Capital Center office location, we provide a challenging work environment with the best that the University and Iowa City has to offer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain Drupal multisite applications in a cloud hosted environment including security and technology updates
- Design and development of web properties to meet campus needs including websites, intranets and e-commerce solutions
- Meet with non-technical peers to define and gather requirements for web projects
- Document application systems and procedures
- Succeed in a team environment as well as collaborate and consult with the campus developer community
- Guide and mentor junior support staff and University or Iowa student employees
Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Typically, 5+ years of current application development, graphic design or website design, and building programmatic solutions in a secure environment
- Current professional experience developing and maintaining Drupal 7 and/or 8 websites
- Experience integrating content from third party systems to Drupal (or other CMSes, websites, and platforms) via APIs and data feeds
- Proficient understanding of version control systems, such as Git
- Effective oral and written communication with content providers, designers and developers, non-technical stakeholders, and end users
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a diverse population
- Attention to detail
- Typically 3+ years of experience with Drupal theming
- Experience developing with Bootstrap (or other grid framework)
- Experience building responsive and adaptive websites and web experiences
- Experience developing websites to WCAG 2.x and WAI-ARIA standards
- Current experience with modern UX, Interaction, and Usability standards
- Awareness of SEO, what it is, why it’s important, and how to implement SEO improvements and best practices
- Experience with Scrum/agile philosophy and methodologies
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and a cover letter (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential verification. For questions or additional information, please contact Kim Kuebrich Yordi at email@example.com
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.