Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team! As a key member of our growing Senior Technical Consultant Team in Mount Pearl, NL, you will:
- Understand the software development lifecycle
- Develop, test, maintain and support web-based solutions
- Manage data and generate custom reporting and queries such as dashboards
- Bring experience working with ASP.NET, VB.NET and SQL Server; or similar technologies
- Have knowledge of relational database design
- Work with Microsoft SQL databases and Microsoft Power BI (prior experience would be an asset)
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and make constructive suggestion
What You’ll Need In Your Toolkit:
- Graduated from a post-secondary institute within the past 2 years with a degree or diploma
- C#, Java, Python or C++ experience is an asset
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving; as well as accuracy and attention to details
- Understanding of information privacy and security principles
- Strong team player and strong interpersonal skills with a positive, open-minded personality
- High adaptability and flexibility with the capacity to do work under changing work demands
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization; and
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet project deadlines
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s used ourselves as guinea pigs in researching what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the joys we’re using to keep the pep in our step:
The ‘What You’d Expect’ Stuff
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days- because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
- Relocation assistance provided
The ‘Let Us Surprise You’ Stuff
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- Our new gym is your new gym
- Group stretch breaks
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
- Random appearances by ice cream and/or food trucks
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll notice that our rock ‘em sock’em coffee machine will eliminate the need for a morning coffee run. You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, team-building events, treat trolley, weekly catered lunches and a snack-filled state of the art kitchen. It’s ok to write on the walls, too. Just sayin’.
Applications must be submitted via Genoa's jobs inbox. Please include competition number 2019 Coder 029 in the subject line. Closing date is September 30-2019.
Job Type: Full-time