The EMC Test Engineer will perform required testing to specified standards. Reporting to the Site manager and working directly with the Technical Sales Support Team.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Perform EMC Testing on a variety of products;
- Manage clients’ projects, including gathering pretest information, answering customers questions regarding standards, test procedures, and technical recommendations for compliance and certification requirements;
- Prepare technical reports, communicate both orally and in writing with customers, based on testing results;
- Maintain knowledge of proper operational procedures of all test equipment including spectrum analyzers, EMC receivers, preamplifiers, quasi-peak adapters, signal/impulse generators, antennas, oscilloscopes, etc. Assure proper calibration and functioning of all test equipment;
- Stay up to date with current EMC standards, test procedures, instrumentation, technology by internal training sessions, external seminars, and reading technical articles;
- Support teammates to provide for continued improvement in processes;
- Work within the controls and constraints of any applicable ISO standards.
This job may be for you if:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, required;
- Minimum of two (2) years EMC testing of experience;
- Experience with EMC standards used to test products including FCC, CE Marketing, Automotive, Medical, Military, and Aerospace;
- Hands on experience with laboratory test equipment including: Spectrum Analyzers/Receivers, Signal Generators, Power Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes, Transient Generators, Power Analyzers, and Other EMC Immunity Equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrated, excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and motivated attitude;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to communicate technical testing information, deviations and implement solutions for complex issues;
- Familiar with use of MS Office suite of tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.;
- Ability to address testing in parallel with reporting;
- Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels;
- Flexibility and willingness to work offsite or conduct shift work, where required.Working Environment/Physical Activities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Position requires close vision.
- Ability and willingness to communicate frequently if required by telephone, fax and email and other communication tools to ensure that the organization’s business is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Domestic, and some international, travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
- EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparence Policy Statement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
Job Type: Full-time
- EMC Standards: 2 years (Required)
- Wireless/RF: 2 years (Required)
- Aerospace Testing: 2 years (Required)
- EMC Testing: 2 years (Required)
- Military Testing: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance