Delco Automation Inc. is a premiere integrator of process automation and control systems. Delco Automation serves clients in North America and the following industries: water and wastewater, integrated security, ethanol, energy, mining, natural resources, oil and gas, chemicals, forestry, food processing, agriculture, environmental, manufacturing, and Technology. Our head office is centrally-located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Delco Automation is a single source of technical expertise in the combination of process control, SCADA, DCS, PLC's, information systems, instrumentation, measurement, telecommunication systems, and control centers. Delco Automation performs feasibility and planning studies, followed by detailed design, manufacturing, procurement, integration, training, and commissioning for new builds and retrofits.
Delco Automation is able to provide basic consulting or can take complete turn-key contracting responsibility for any size of automation or security project, from small compressor control panels, to customized water treatment plants, to large and integrated security systems.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Industrial Automation Sales Representative. The successful candidate is an individual who is dynamic, has an excellent ability to build and maintain customer relationships, and brings a background of strong sales aptitude within the Industrial Automation industry.
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for the sale of industrial and electrical control systems for custom applications as well as establishing, growing and maintaining customer relationships through the client base.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively approach industrial end users, engineering consultants and contracting clients to inform and educate on the company’s Industrial Automation capabilities.
- Maintain active lines of communication with all tendering authorities including owners, architects, engineers, and contractors to assess upcoming projects. Ensure that the company is active on all invitational and negotiated tenders.
- Determine customers needs by demonstrating knowledge of the industry, pricing, and competition.
- Maintain an active CRM sales funnel and work with the Business Development Manager to create and execute the appropriate sales and marketing strategies for the market.
- Develop quotations and proposals with innovative custom solutions to best position the company to win the business.
- Perform any required negotiation with the client or vendor in order to close the business.
- Along with the Project Manager, develop, initiate and monitor technical projects that provide value and differentiation for our customers.
- Collaborate with Business Development Manager and Divisional Vice President in establishing marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services.
- Maintain all sales opportunities in CRM ensuring that all opportunities are updated in a timely fashion to reflect the current situation for each opportunity.
- Develop and execute marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and/or services.
- Periodically assess SWOT and recommend any appropriate action.
- Prepare sales/marketing activity reports outlining market, product, customer trends as well as any relevant competitive activity.
- Follow up on opportunities to ensure customer satisfaction and initiate corrective action if required.
- Frequent travel within Saskatchewan to conduct meetings with clients and prospective clients, attend tradeshows, exhibitions, conferences, etc. (estimated travel of less than 25%).
- Outstanding business, sales, and managerial skills.
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving competencies; strong ability to identify solutions to customers concerns.
- Proven ability to build relationships with clients quickly.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and self-motivated personality.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Degree from a credited university or technical college in one or more of the following fields: electrical engineering, business, finance, marketing.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience within the Industrial Automation industry.
- Strong technical aptitude with a firm knowledge and understanding of the Industrial Automation Industry (PLC, HMI, SCADA, instrumentation, etc.).
- Experienced candidates with 5+ years’ experience in the Industrial Automation Industry combined with advanced commercial or business experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Proven track record of sales growth, strong follow through and a commitment to excellence.
- Salary will be commensurate with education and work experience.
- The Company offers a competitive benefits package to its Full-Time employees, including health benefits, Employer RRSP matching, flexible work schedules, and travel/food per diems, to name a few.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)