NOTE: POSITION IS LOCATED IN CROCKETT, TX
Under supervision, provide assistance and development according to assigned tasks. This position provides an individual the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Onshore Operations, with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the Programmer Associates skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform scheduled tasks based on requirements
- Professionally communicate with supervisor and client
- Maintain existing documentation
- Ability to update and maintain computer programs/applications.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Ability to determine the accuracy of various mathematical calculations and functions.
- Knowledge of general operating principles, capabilities, and limitations of information technology systems.
- Knowledge of various programming languages (e.g. JAVA, C#, VB, COBOL, .NET)
- Knowledge of client/organizational principles and procedures of computer programming/application development.
- Knowledge of debugging/troubleshooting tools and techniques used to assess problems within a computer program/application.
- Knowledge of general computer architecture (CPU, memory allocation, peripheral devices, I/O, etc.) in order to perform basic computer functions.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical and algebraic principles to define equations and manipulate variables.
- Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) techniques for sorting, searching, and querying data (e.g., Structured Query Language).
- Detail oriented, have excellent writing & verbal communication skills and possess client facing skills
- Will aid in the discovery, coordination, and development of software, including the implementation of application features, tracking progress, testing of the feature, and working with other team members to deliver quality software.
- Responsible for writing technical documentation, participating in code reviews, and mentoring of other developers.
· · Develop quality software for a given set of requirements
· Provide and receive feedback for task work
· Mentor to other developers
· Coordinate a team of developers
· Gather and organize project or requirements
· Work entire features to completion
· Participate in code reviews
· Assist Business Development with client technical needs discovery
· Practical knowledge about software engineering along with designing proper plans and system architecture
· Expert in multiple environment deployment practices
· Expertise in multiple programming languages
· Expert in multiple application architectures types
· Expert in multiple frameworks
· Expert at writing technical documentation
· Expert in learning new development process methodologies as needed
- Ability to work in various developmental environments (e.g. C#, Java, COBOL).
- Written and Verbal communication skills
Five or more years of experience in the Programming/Application Support fields.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off