A MRB Stress Engineer job in Lexington, KY is currently available at Belcan Engineering. This is a direct, full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, preferably Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. As a member of the Airframe Engineering Team, you will be performing structural analysis and upgrades for a autonomous military aircraft.
MRB Stress Engineer job duties:
- Internal loads (FEM), static, fatigue, and/or damage tolerance stress analysis to support program design, fabrication, testing, and/or structural integrity activities
- Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance
- Leads development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied
- Supports in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort
- Attend meetings and coordination with the customer
- Review structural modifications to primary and secondary structural detail, assembly and installation designs that meet all requirements such as structural integrity
- Works under minimal direction.
Desired experiences and skills:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, preferred
- Experience with aircraft structures design (primary & secondary)
- Significant experience with stress, fatigue, and/or damage tolerance analysis on primary structural components or mechanical systems
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience working as an engineer on a multi-disciplined team with frequent interaction with co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Due to the nature of the work being performed, it is required that candidates must be US Citizens.
- Experience with Boeing commercial aircraft
- Experience leading teams of other engineers
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling (NX)
- Experience with Enovia LCA, or other product data management such as Smarteam or Teamcenter
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 along with tolerance analysis capabilities
If you are interested in this MRB Stress Engineer job opportunity in Lexington, KY please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!