Newkirk Electric/Theka Associates is looking for a full-time CAD Drafter to join our Engineering Department working in West Olive, MI. The CAD Drafter will transform initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents or modify existing documents. Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct and lead the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using drafting standards.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting.
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of both manual and electronic drawings.
- Maintain, support and operate associated plotters, printers, and scanners.
- Coordinate with engineers to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Occasional travel may be required for this position
- Coordinate the collection of data and incorporate this information into drawings, schematics, and maps as directed.
- Consult with architects, engineers, surveyors, and workers while preparing and presenting their drawings.
- Design or modify engineering schematics for electrical transmission and distribution systems or for electrical installation in residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an Engineer.
- Confer with engineering staff to resolve any problems.
- Work directly with customers to provide drafting service and document updates.
- An Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have working knowledge of CAD standards, PC application software and drafting/engineering practices and methods.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, current version of Auto CAD and/or Micro station, Excel and MS Office is required. Knowledge in the use of ProjectWise is preferred.
- This position requires periodic drug testing, a valid driver’s license, Background Check, and US citizenship.
- Post-secondary and/or technical school education is highly desirable, extensive experience is an adequate substitute.
- Construction-related CAD experience with emphasis on electrical disciplines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes