Marquette was founded in 1986 with the sole objective of providing investment consulting at the highest caliber of service. Our expertise is grounded in our commitment to client service — our team aims to be a trusted partner and as fiduciaries, our clients’ interests and objectives are at the center of everything we do. Our approach brings together the real-world experience of our people and our dedication to creativity and critical thinking in order to empower our clients to meet their goals.
The Software Engineer is responsible for assisting with bugfixes, modifications, enhancements and database management related to Marquette’s C# / SQL Server Windows desktop and ASP.NET web productivity applications.
Working under the direction, and in collaboration with Marquette’s lead developer, the Software Support Engineer will have the opportunity to tackle challenges in programming, data analysis, mathematics, and finance.
- Four to six (4 – 6) years of professional software development experience
- This position will be 80% support / enhancements 20% new feature development
- Demonstrated ability to produce clean, efficient code in C# and T-SQL
- Experience in maintaining complete, Windows client-server and ASP.NET web applications
- Expertise in SQL database design, queries, T-SQL stored procedures, & triggers.
- Experience working with large datasets
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership of assigned tasks and solutions (design, implement, test, deploy, maintain, iterate)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work directly with users
- Ability and desire to work within a collaborative IT team
- Experience with third-party component technologies such as Telerik, Infragistics, SpreadsheetGear, Gembox, and Bootstrap
- Expertise in C# integration with Office365 Word and Excel
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Prior experience with financial applications and statistics is a plus
Marquette Associates offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care; generous time off benefits; 401(k) plan with company match, and more.
Marquette Associates is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer._*
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations