Google Cloud Platform Sales Engineer
Onix Sales Engineers help customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google for Work business and bringing our product portfolio into companies both big and small around the world.
You are a Sales Engineer with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills. Your previous experience with cloud platform and infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems, and SQL-based relational databases will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements.
As a Cloud Platform Sales Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud Platform to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of Google Cloud Platform, explaining technical features, and problem-solving key technical issues.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop a strategy to resolve technical impediments.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google's enterprise cloud platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect or Data Engineer certification or ability to pass at least one certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- 5 years of experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies; Linux; Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML). Experience with Enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
- MS degree in Computer Science.
- Demonstrable ability to create demo scripts in any one of the following scripting/programming languages: C#, Python, Perl and/or Shell Scripting.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly prototype proofs-of-concept and technical demonstrations.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
- Confident presenter with excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google's product offering.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year