PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Design focused position intended to support all tooling, equipment, and technical needs of both Stahl facilities. Leads internal design activities of tooling, and design support of externally procured tooling through 3D modelling, customer print interpretation, and creation of needed detail drawings.
1. Adhere to all safety systems and policy rules.
2. Capable of reading and properly interpreting customer part prints and specifications
3. Clear communication to all departments supported utilizing standard Microsoft Office tools (e-mail, PowerPoint creation, spreadsheets, etc.)
4. Independent and capable operator of CAD modelling software for tooling design work, repair work, plant layouts, etc.
5. Provide support to all internal customers – Sales, Quality, Production, Maintenance
6. Lead design activities for outsourced tooling, including build timing estimates and tracking
7. Understand standard work and standard cost concepts to help improve business margins (scrap and margin recovery)
8. Create tooling quote RFQ’s and obtain tooling quotes
9. Enter requisitions for procuring tooling, equipment, or components
10. Strong math skills and understanding of tolerance stacks
1. 75% office setting at a desk (computer-based work). 25% on the production floor.
2. Occasional travel between plants
3. Possible travel to external tooling or equipment builders
4. Occasional travel to trade shows or customer as needed
1. 3 years minimum CAD experience required – preferably in Unigraphics or Solidworks
2. 3 to 5 years of tooling design required (molds, coreboxes, fixtures, etc.)
3. 3 to 5 years of general Foundry or manufacturing experience
4. Tooling manufacture / machine shop experience is preferred
5. Gating design and Solidification software experience is preferred
1. Standing: infrequent unless providing support to production floor
2. Bending: infrequent unless providing support to production floor (tooling samplings or MRB)
3. Lifting: infrequent unless providing support to production floor (tooling samplings or MRB)
4. Carrying: infrequent
5. Reaching: infrequent
6. Hand Tasks: computer based work (typing, 3D mouse controls, mouse controls, etc.)
7. Seeing: Exposure to extended hours of computer screen time
1. Observe all company rules and regulations.
2. Follow all Safety Rules and Regulations and wear required PPE.
3. Report any injury, near miss, or property damage, no matter how minor, to supervisor immediately.
4. Report to work everyday on time and complete a full shift.
5. Keep work area clean and orderly.
6. Report any abnormal conditions to supervisor.
7. Other duties as assigned by supervision.
8. Be an example to other team members.
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in an industrial environment is preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job- related duties, as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Employees interested in this position and meeting the required qualifications are invited to complete an Employee Request Slip and submit to Department Supervisor during the posting dates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Gating design and Solidification software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tooling Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- CAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- General Foundry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance