This position is responsible for assemblies and parts selection and details, typically as a member of a project design team. Competence/mastery in the use of CAD systems is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative conceptual designs.
- Execute panel layouts, assemblies, and schematics via AutoCAD or ePlan.
- Prepare BOM’s and change notices.
- Assure accurate documentation of all projects.
- Collaborate with electrical and mechanical engineering on design requirements.
- Maintain product standards.
- Maintain component library.
- Define, measure, analyze, improve, and control designs (DMAIC.)
- Provide technical support for sales, service, manufacturing, and R&D.
- Collaborate with all departments to produce final products.
- Maintain design schedules.
- First level support for the panel shop support.
- Assure that designs conform to EMT Engineering Standards.
- Document design guides for distribution within Engineering.
- Participate in cost reductions projects.
- Proactive in proposing alternate solutions for process improvement.
- Support the mission, vision and goals for the Engineering Department.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 3+ years’ experience preferred
- OEM manufacturing experience preferred (machine component design)
- Paper or label converting experience - web handling experience (unwind, rewind, tension control) preferred.
- Schematic generation fluency required (AutoCAD or ePlan preferred with Vault and/or PDM expereince)
- Applicable experience with printing equipment, digital web handling, processing equipment, packaging machinery, or machine tools, or demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge.
- Demonstrated project completion experience and ownership.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Highly motivated.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- · Passion for completing project on time with high quality
- · Strong listening skills.
- · Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- · Encourage team-work and collaboration.
- · Solid process management skill-set.
- · Creative, out-of-the box thinking and solution driven.
- · Team player, ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- · Demonstrated customer focus experience.
- · Demonstrated “can do” attitude and continual improvement mindset.
- · Ability to provide honest, concise verbal and written communication.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- design: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement